Election 2008 is almost over. Fatigue has set in (though I don't know why people think that elections will get any better, easier, or less pervasive). The site, this f$%king election has a typographic list of the buzzwords from the last year and a half of campaigning - including the great DMX interview. Some Republicans are claiming liberal media bias from the blogs to the New York Times. Meanwhile, Chicago's going crazy over the Grant Park gathering where Obama will speak tomorrow night.
Or, if you wish to stop thinking of politics, you can watch CSI: Miami and laugh at how bad the show is.
I did find one of my favorite former All My Children stars, Eva LaRue (photo below the fold and LOVELY), making money as a cast member on the show. Yes, sometimes I was home when I was in high school and All My Children was on... it happens. I'm not (that) ashamed.
* The Pheel-Deez won the World Series. BLURGH
Eben provides some of his illustration to commemorate that most unlikely of happenings - a Philadelphia championship, and the Phillies at that. There's also a picture of the Broad Street celebration and the requisite naked guy with fire.
Plus some notes from the New York Post, including an expectation from coach Norm Roberts that the team will be around .500 this year.
* Manhattan Coach Barry Rohrssen and Iona coach Kevin Willard discussed a Big-Five style tournament for New York's more prominent teams at the Mid-Atlantic's (MAAC) media day.
This blog took a look at what teams could be in it and why the Big East coaches might be reluctant to enter such a deal.
* Rick Pitino had a "don't sleep on St. John's" quote from Big East Media Day. Then again, I guess St. John's was so bad last year, "not sleeping" might mean that they are actually a viable team that will make some squads sweat. Doesn't mean they're in line for a winning season or anything, just means they'll be pesky, like they were 2 years ago.
* An apology for ripping on Lute Olsen (not that he's reading this blog, and cares what I think), once it came to light that the former Arizona coach is suffering from depression.
* The schools in Athens, Georgia closed for the annual Cocktail Party game vs. Florida in Jacksonville... the Georgia Bulldogs got smacked. I bet the schoolteachers who played hooky really wonder if that was worth it.