Before next Tuesday's five-game marathon of games on Fox Sports 1 to kick off the Big East's conference play - which will start with St. John's at Xavier next week at noon - the channel will show Big East Classics today on Christmas Day. The classics, of course, will focus on the banner 1984-1985 seasons where St. John's, Georgetown and Villanova reached the Final Four - and connected the Big East with major conference basketball.
Starting at noon, FS1 will show St. John's knocking off the Georgetown Hoyas in 1984, featuring a 33-point performance from Chris Mullin. At 4:00 PM, Fox Sports will show the NCAA 1985 Tournament semifinal game between St. John's and Georgetown. (St. John's didn't win.)
Villanova gets a pair of games in today's marathon; newer Big East sides Marquette and Butler's NCAA Tournament game from last season is also featured.
- St. John's vs. Youngstown St. final score: Harrison makes history, Johnnies win 96-87
- Rysheed Jordan misses Saturday's game, home with sick mother
- Preview: St. John's welcomes Youngstown State as Harrison seeks three-point record
- From the Time Machine: St. John's 'Ugly Sweater Night'
- St. John's vs. San Francisco final score: Jordan's confidence grows, Johnnies handle USF, 81-57