Tuesday, February 18, 2014
When: 9:00 PM Eastern
Butler Bulldogs (12-13, 2-11 Big East) at St. John's Red Storm (17-9, 7-6 Big East)
Pomeroy Rank: St. John's: 39 | Butler: 110
Madison Square Garden (Capacity: 19,979)
Where: New York, NY
TV: Fox Sports 1/ Fox Sports Go online
Announcers: Justin Kutcher + Tarik Turner
Radio: Bloomberg 1130
Favorite/ Odds: St. John's/ 9
The big news: center Chris Obekpa, who had been coming on as an offensive option and a defensive forcem will be out 10-14 days with an ankle injury suffered in practice.
St. John's knocked off the Butler Bulldogs at Hinkle at a point where both teams seemed doomed to the bottom of the standings.
But every game is a chance for growth, and the Red Storm have surged, looking capable of beating any team - especially in the confines of their home arenas.
Will success get the best of the Johnnies? Will the rotation expand against a weaker team? Will players be more concerned with style points more than taking care of business?
St. John's has a shot at the NCAA Tournament. But they cannot lose to teams like Butler.
- St. John's vs. Butler pregame: Johnnies look to win sixth straight
- St. John's vs Georgetown final: Johnnies pound Hoyas 82-60
- Podcast: St. John's needs a win over Georgetown, recruiting, Rutgers needs a win
- Game Preview: St. John's faces Georgetown looking for payback in the Garden
- St. John's baseball earns 2-0 opening day road win over Pepperdine Waves
|Rumble in the Garden on Facebook|
|Rumble in the Garden on Tumblr|